HEART UK 36th Annual Medical and Scientific Conference 2023 LIPIDS – THE BEST YET - CONFERENCE REVIEW
Wednesday 5th – Friday 7th July 2023
Written by: Dr Andreas Tridimas, Consultant in Chemical Pathology & Metabolic Medicine, Countess of Chester Hospital and Wirral University Teaching Hospital, UK
The HEART UK conference this year reflected on the current progress to date across a wide range of key areas within the lipidology realm. This included an update on the cardiovascular disease (CVD) prevention nationally with a focus on the primary care data resource CVDPREVENT. In addition, there was a spotlight on paediatric FH and an insightful look back on the dramatic progress since the identification of PCSK9 as a lipid treatment target.
- Our new Lipidology Podcast
- Recently formed Lipoprotein(a) Taskforce publishes Call to Action to increase recognition and acceptance of Lp(a) as an ASCVD risk factor
- Lipoprotein (a) disorder gets SNOMED codes
- Would you like to update your knowledge of lipid management and have the opportunity to liaise with others working in this area?
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Gene Testing One-Day Online Workshop - Dates for 2023
- New SNOMED Codes for FH DNA test results!
- Healthcare Professional Dietary Survey Prize Draw 2022
- Opportunity to join the NICE CG181 guideline committee
- NICE launches review of methods and processes for health technology evaluation
- The Essential Cholesterol Programme for Primary Care