Our new Lipidology Podcast
In our new podcast - The Lipidology Podcast, we feature conversations with leading figures in health innovation to understand key barriers and enablers around lipid management and optimisation.
You will learn more about the two new indicators, why they are important and practical steps to achieve them.
Created in partnership with HEART UK, East Midlands Academic Health Science Network, Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network.
Join our speakers:
- Dr Peter Green (Chair, HEART UK)
- Dr James Howarth (GP Spilsby Surgery, Clinical lead East Locality - Lincolnshire ICB)
- Ebun Ojo (CVD Prevention Lead, NHS South Yorkshire Integrated Care Board, Clinical Lead Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network, and Non-Medical Prescribing Lead, The Thorpe Practice)
- Tina Kundi (CVD Project Manager at the East Midlands Academic Health Science Network)
Listen now on Spotify
If you would like to learn more about the organisations mentioned and guidelines discussed, please find useful links below:
Please note any clinical opinions/ views shared in this podcast remain those of the clinician/s and are not necessarily those of the East Midlands Academic Health Science Network, Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network or HEART UK. Viewers are advised to follow the latest national and local clinical guidelines for their area. Clinical advice and guidelines change – please take note that this material was recorded on 12/07/23, and any guidance discussed may be superseded in the future.
“Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited (“Novartis”) has provided the funding for the creation of the Medical Education Activities as part of a collaborative working project between NHS England and Novartis. However, NHS England and The Academic Health Science Network for the North East and North Cumbria Limited are responsible for the design, implementation, execution and delivery of these activities. Novartis’ role is limited to the provision of the funding and Novartis has had no input into the design, execution and delivery of these activities (which fall outside of the collaborative working project).”
- HEART UK 36th Annual Medical and Scientific Conference 2023 LIPIDS – THE BEST YET - CONFERENCE REVIEW
- Recently formed Lipoprotein(a) Taskforce publishes Call to Action to increase recognition and acceptance of Lp(a) as an ASCVD risk factor
- Lipoprotein (a) disorder gets SNOMED codes
- Would you like to update your knowledge of lipid management and have the opportunity to liaise with others working in this area?
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Gene Testing One-Day Online Workshop - Dates for 2023
- New SNOMED Codes for FH DNA test results!
- Healthcare Professional Dietary Survey Prize Draw 2022
- Opportunity to join the NICE CG181 guideline committee
- NICE launches review of methods and processes for health technology evaluation
- The Essential Cholesterol Programme for Primary Care